Due to unforeseen circumstances regarding our liability insurance coverage,
our flight training school has been forced to suspend operations.
We hope to have this issue corrected in the very near future. The following information will serve to help you better understand the FAA training requirements for a private pilot license. Please check back with us here for updated information or feel free to call us at the airport office.
1. HOW MUCH IS THIS GOING TO COST? You pay as you go, you need a minimum of 40 hours. You pay per tenth of a hobbs hour for the aircraft and an hourly rate for the instructor. We see people complete their training in a few months and also several years. This is a really based around your time schedule and financial ability. You only pay for what you do.
2. What is the cost? Please call the airport office for currently rental costs at 570-265-4900.
3. What times are available? The airport offers flight training that is a non traditional class setting. We do our best to work around your schedule. Meaning if Tuesdays are best for you, Tuesdays are best for us (pending any already schedule appointments).
4. What do you require from me on day one? Before you fly of the first time, we require some paperwork filled out (rental agreement, information card, insurance information), a valid drivers license, and a copy of your passport or birth certificate.
5. Am I flying on the first day? YES, weather permitting and as long as you supplied everything in question 4.
6. You said a "Minimum of 40 hours", so at 40 I have my private pilots license? No, you need a minimum of 40, some people take 40, some take 140. Everyone is different.
7. DO I NEED A MEDICAL EXAM? Yes, before you solo fly.
8. I HAVE SO MANY MORE QUESTIONS, WHO DO I CALL? Though we love emails, texts, and facebook messages, we find that everyone asks totally different questions and a face to face conversation or a phone call works the best. Please call the airport or an instructor. Phone information is below. Or stop by, we would love to meet you.
9. I WANT TO SCHEDULE A LESSON! Though we love emails, texts, and facebook messages, to better schedule you we ask for a face to face conversation or a phone call works the best.
Call the Bradford County Airport for more details!
Airport: (570) 265 4900
"Dear friends and members of the Bradford County Airport community, please take a look at the recent news item that was published in today's Daily Review. It fully explains the reason as to why it became necessary for the County Commissioners to suspend flight schools operations at your airport. It is unfortunate that there is and has been a great deal of mis-information being offered about this ...issue. We fully realize that the presence of a viable flight school at your airport, as well as other critical aviation services, provides a magnet for further commerce and growth to our community. However, it is critical that these services and products be offered in such a manner as to reduce and, whenever possible, eliminate financial liability and risk to you the taxpayers. I invite anyone who is interested in obtaining further factual information on this topic to contact me at the airport office during our normal business hours. Our telephone number is 570-265-4900. Best wishes. Kerry Spaulding, MA, MS, CFI, Airport Manager"
Bradford County Airport (N27)
415 Airport Road, Towanda, PA,
©2018 Gambal Printing & Design LLC